23 May 2010

Boots...what boots



I must clean those boots, there's mud and manure all over them. Ha...when have I ever cleaned my boots. They are my favorite foot wear. I feel the most comfortable in boots. In fact I have owned at least one pair of boots no matter were I have been. My first pair of boots were the boot and caliper I wore as a kid. My second pair was a long black lace up pair, very sexy and a little provocative for a 11yr old. Experimental phase.
Then came the gumboots and the horse riding boots, Western Boots and Motorbike boots. I had army issue lace up with steel caps from the surplus store (these boots were definitely my favorites.) Then my black going out boots, very feminine and gorgeous. I think I had them resoled about 4 times. Red Bull boots, Blue dog boots, Rossi boots, Black butt boots and of course my R.M. Williams Bushman boots. Long, short, zip up, lace up, elastic side I have owned them all.  

Read More: http://imaginifbusiness.blogspot.com/2010/05/boots-and-all.html

4 comments:

  1. Was this hard to write because it is a move away from your preferred genre? I found this morning that I wrote Stream of Consciousness because I wasn't brave enough to write what I really wanted to write.

    Congratulations to you. You are now two days into the discipline of daily writing, publicly. Keep it up Julie - Life does begin at 40 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I knew what stream of consciousness was. The blog just flowed from me. Actually boots have always been part of me, so it was easy to write about.
    I want to know why you thought you weren't brave enough to write want you wanted?? What stopped you...Megan??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad it was easy and am also very glad that you now know what stream of consciousness is.

    Have just posted a follow up comment on the Writer's Prompt Daily blog around what stopped me from writing what I wanted....and I am so passionate about it that I also wrote to my website about self censorship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favorite boots - it takes me back to the teen years when I had a pair of grey suede boots, just above ankle high with a Robin Hood look about them - I wore them until I wore them out. And then there was the pair of Rivers boots I had gifted to me when I was in Busselton. Oh the giver and those boots brought a smile on my face. And yes I wore them until I wore them out, beyond any point of repair. And then there were the Bundies (two pairs) - they served me well but couldn't be resoled so now pot for flowers on my front porch. I am now bootless and I don't think I want to be ....

    ReplyDelete