31 May 2010

Flower Day






In a pond, near the old waterfall, lived a beautiful Hibiscus plant.

Every year the Hibiscus would drop her pink flowers into the pond.
This began the celebration of Flower day.
A long held tradition by the drops of water that lived in the pond.

"It's here it's here," Little Drop excitedly said.

All the water drops gathered and they marveled at the elegance of the first flower to fall.

"This Hibiscus flower feels so smooth and silky of my skin," Clear Drop said.
"We don't have skin," Intelligent Drop replied.

Achoo, achoo, sneezed Little Drop, "My sinuses are all blocked up, from the pollen,"

"Who cares," said Wet Drop, splashing into all the other drops.

"Hey, you know when you said we should try something wild," Water Drop said.
"Yes," Dew Drop answered.
"I think riding a Hibiscus down a water fall is just asking for trouble," Water Drop continued.


So the adventure begins, as the water drops celebrated their flower day.

4 comments:

  1. lol....I love the personification of the water drops.

    Have you written this as children's fiction? Is this another new try for you? Keep it up, Julie. You are doing well.

    Isn't it a beautiful photo? It came from Mountain Girl. I love it - so expressive and colourful. Tomorrow's prompt is one of Mountain Girls, too - clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan

    It wasn't till after I wrote it that I thought it could be adapted for children.

    I was thinking from the water drops point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!

    I can't think of a child that wouldn't be enraptured with the life of a water drop and the adventures of flower day.

    This is incredible JG :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) MG, yes the more I read it the more I can see a cute bunch of kids sitting around listening.

    ReplyDelete