05 October 2010

Gin and Tonic for me please...

The room felt like I was standing on a white sandy beach on a deserted island. The sand squished between my toes and my long hair blown and tangled by the afternoon breeze. Licking my lips I could taste the salt from the sea spray and squinting my eyes to peer through the hazy smoke hoping to spy a face I might recognise. I lifted my Gin and Tonic to my dry lips and sucked it down, cringing as the gin burnt the back of my throat.


A guy looked in my direction and my heart began to beat faster and my palms became sweaty that I nearly dropped my drink. To avoid his eye contact I made out that I was looking at my watch. Thank gawd for that, the last thing I needed was some guy pinning me down to rattle off his exploits.
I kept scanning the room for a familiar face or a laugh I recognised, but nothing, no one.
If I don't see someone soon I know I'm just going to burst.


I flicked my hair back and put my hand on my hip trying to look casual. I took another swig of my drink and it went down the wrong way and I began chocking; I was spitting and spurting the gin back out when I noticed her.


Ok then, chat time, go for it.
I regained some composure and gently patted my lips with the serviette they gave me at the bar with my drink. I tried tucking my hand in my pocket and remembered I was wearing a skirt, I slowly sauntered over to her, being mind-full to take small steps in fear of slipping over on my high heels. Not a good look to see a woman sprawled, legs in ever direction on her back with knickers up her crack on the dance floor...
“Hi,” I said relieved that my ankles and elastics were in tact.


Gracious as ever, she took her hand and with her thumb brushed a splash of gin off my chin...yes kiss me now...just do it...
Embarrassed, I felt my cheeks blush and thought great now she thinks I'm a slob. I held the drink up and plainly stated it was not my first choice of alcohol beverage, I'd rather a cold frothy beer and to show that I was capable of making an informed decision, I promptly signalled the bar attendant.


I slammed the glass that had housed my gin and tonic down on the bar and it sloshed out over my hand. She giggled at my feeble attempt of impressing her. Leaning over the bar to hear the bar tender and shout my request of drinks we knocked heads...great not only am I a slush but an idiot as well...'beer and...' I pointed at the drink she held and the bartender nodded.


I sipped my frothy cold beer and smiled as I looked into her green eyes. She was amused or interested...whatever, she was still here. She stepped in closer and her soft lips touched mine...oh yes...yes...her tongue slid out and she licked my beer moustache, great...turned on by a beer moustache licking lesbian.


I felt the room vibrate and heard cheers from the crowd as the music grew louder. She took my hand and led me to the dance floor and it seemed like eternity before she danced around my body. Every now and then, teasingly, she bumped into me.


Unable to delay gratification, I grabbed her and pulled her to me, my breath quickened with her vivacious smile. Her hand went up the back of my blouse and shivers of anticipation rocketed through my system. She lent in and kissed my neck and whispered “You know, every woman in this room has eye's for me...” yep that was obvious, “...and you're the one I want.”

2 comments:

  1. Much better - you've put some really nice POV in. I especially like, "I tried tucking my hand in my pocket and remembered I was wearing a skirt." That absolutely cements that the flash is about girl/girl.

    Jule's I'm pushed for time this week. Boy goes back to school tomorrow so I am hoping I get some down time to critical friend your manuscripts and get our joint publishing happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I liked that sentence too..

    ReplyDelete