26 September 2010

Books...Books...Books

Exhibitors


Fair Trade Products

Children's book

 
What an extremely wonderful day I have had. The Book Creators book expo was held today at the Blue Mango and a fantastic assortment of exhibitor's display a fine and very professional arrange of books. With three new books launched - two from right here in Cairns and the third respectfully from Bundaberg.

Our lovely major - Val - opened the expo and even stayed for the book launches, very impressed.

I was happy pottering around the stalls talking and swapping ideas. As a volunteer, I enjoyed helping the exhibitors with all their needs.

Had a fantastic chat with Margie Gargen founder of Bloomhill Cancer Help. Was inspired by Helen Ross from Brisbane, one of BCC's guests.

Now, of course I did buy some books...have a few to keep me occupied for a while.




The first book, is by local writer/author Megan Bayliss (This Woman is truly amazing and very awe inspiring) - Bitss of Caramel Marmalade on Toast, be quick to snap the few remaining copies...they sell like hot cakes.








The second book is by Stephen Chong - on your list of people you'd love to chat with over coffee, add this talented man. His book - The Book of Testaments will surely have you reaching your goals and inspiring your dreams with a full sense of self worth.









My third selection was It's All Relative: stories to shorten your travel time, by Chris Shaw. This wonderful and witty man has many riveting stories to tell and will definitely have you coming back for more.










My last book but no way in the least was Bubble Gum Trouble by children's author Helen Ross aka Miss Helen. This book tells stories by poems. What a creative way to think outside the box. As Helen said..."it is not the end result, but the journey,"











5 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend the day and thank you for helping Megan so that she could help me. Have a magnificent week Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Grossman, you are truly an FLS GEM, and I love you. Thank you for featuring me as a writer and author.

    Next year you WILL be sharing the table with me.

    Mxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda - You are most welcome

    Megan - of course woman..wouldn't have it any other way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great expo. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia

    Thanks for the comments, yes it was an awesome day, I was very excited and absolutely loved seeing so many wondering book exhibitors displaying their books...I heard that over 130 books were sold in three hours, pretty darn good I thought.

    You were there in spirit - because your passion for books took you there... :)

    ReplyDelete