07 September 2010

White Balloon Day







Today is the day we should all stop and ponder the enormous problem this country...no no, this world still has.
Today is White Balloon Day. The day that we take a stand against sexual abuse of children. (Mind you ever day should be a stand against sexual abuse)

What are children...innocence...those that steal that innocence...well I'll not going to say my thoughts, but I'm sure you get the drift.


Help all children and even help those that have been children of sexual abuse, those that are now adults in our society. SPEAK up and out about childhood sexual abuse.

By keeping the secret you give the power to the abuser. By keeping the secret, you keep childhood sexual abuse alive and ripe. Do your bit for the kids and for you.

So, wear white or fly a white balloon is support of wiping out childhood sexual abuse
.

White Balloon Day

Brave Hearts

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated white balloon day (I had a VERY busy day yesterday). I believe there was a serious sexual assault in the grounds of Cairns High (over night) and that the school was closed down for the day. Must have been for forensic gathering. I am VERY glad that the person spoke up about it - went to police.

    Breaking the silence around sexual assault is a way to stop it and to protect our children from the perpetrators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Megan I agree, speaking up stops the chain of secret.

    Yesterday at work my boss allowed me to have the White Balloons blown up on the registers.

    Keeping the secret only keeps childhood sexual abuse alive.

    ReplyDelete