01 September 2010

Life's Purpose


Metaphorically speaking I have climbed Mt Everest, swum the English channel – twice, boxed Mike Tyson, danced with the devil and survived a fall down an ice cravat. So what, I hear you say. It is to reiterate that as mere humans we all have stories and journey's to live. Mine, well we'll leave that for just now and concentrate on finding your purpose in life.

Many who believe in the Bible believe one's life purpose is to serve God. To be a witness to His attributes and teach less fortunate people the truth. Less fortunate doesn't necessary mean poor, it means less in spirituality/faith.

Others believe their purpose is to leave their mark on the world, either by a great playwright or war hero, the memory of the mark lingers for eternity.

Still others believe that their life's purpose it to change the world. Impossible you snigger under your breathe. If I reply to the world as the human race/society we have created for ourselves, then yes it is possible. One feeling, one emotion, one act of kindness at a time.


In a world were body image, labelled clothes and iphones are the rage, we get lost in the purpose of happiness.


Happiness, what truly is the meaning...to be complete, whole with oneself. To not want to change you, but be accepting fully of your limitations and individual character.


What about encouragement, are you the type of person who gets comments like – 'you are always smiling' or 'you are so happy' or 'I love your laugh'. These are fantastic and very positive comments and as long as you have been true to self, then you are very deserving. At my place of work, I'm known as smiley. What a brilliant compliment. That my reflection on the outside mirror images the reflection on the inside. Took those two swims across the English channel to get those. Metaphorically speaking.


In my hunt for my purpose in life I literally have been slapped by it all my life, but never paid much attention, after all, who doesn't like a good slap now and then...oops mind wanders, sorry.


I have an amazing gift to teach. To teach positive to see the glass as always half full. To see the greatness in human spirit and be an advocate for the benefit of the doubt. To give people the freedom to move around in their own skin, when they themselves have no idea. To allow people to feel no judgement or fear of judgement as my just is unbiased and uncorrupted. To help people leave their masks at home and venture outside, vulnerable, naked and raw for the first time in their lives.


To stand aside and watch their hopes and dreams turn into reality right before their eyes.


I have for many years been the mentor and life coach, not only for my own trails and tribulations, but for all those people that have crossed paths with me, albeit for a moment to a life time. I have been already living my life's purpose.


If you like me, want to inspire people to reach their goals and leave a lasting positive influence in their life's then I encourage you to suss out these web sites, not only for yourself but for all human kind.

Bronwyn Clee & Assoicates: Life Coaching

The Coaching Institute

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I know Bronwyn Clee. She is just wonderful. Did you check her out through all of our secret Santas or did you just stumble across her when you were researching?

    I'd really like all of the secret Santas to start supporting each other so that we build up a community heavy with social capital.

    Thanks for all your support of the secret Santa system, Julie. I greatly appreciate it. I have this morning blogged about you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There Julie. This is Brenda, we met and I am another Secret Santa - not yours - just popping by to say g'day and wish you a luvly smiley bit of happiness this very gorgeous and sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan, I found Bronwyn on your secret santa...and as it is something I am interested in thought it would be a great idea to list her site on my blog...

    Brenda, Hey thanks for dropping by, yes Merry Christmas to you too... :)

    ReplyDelete