03 June 2010

Hiking Trip





The hiking trip was a brilliant idea. Sunny day's, clear sky. Perfect.
I was enjoying it more than I thought.

Some how though, I dont' think I should have turned left at that fork in the track back there.
As what started out and looked like a walking track had now disappeared.
I pushed past a shrubby bush and it opened up onto a beautifully scene.
Something you'd expect to see in a glossy magazine. Not some remote island.

I could see a couple of sheds, but no house.
I walked into the yard and yelled out "Hello."
My voice echoed in the deserted space.
"Hel........lo."
No one replied, it was eerie quiet.

I felt like a kid wanting to explore.
So I had a sneak peak in one of the sheds.
There was nothing inside, empty.
I checked the other shed, the door was padlocked shut.

What a strange place, I thought.

"I see her."
"We were just going to send out the search party."
I laughed at the sight of my friends, walking towards me.
"You are the search party." I replied.

"Found yourself some old buildings to explore?"
"Yer, strange little place." I said.
 As we all headed off back onto the track, I glanced over my shoulder at the buildings.
"Goodbye", I whispered.



Read More: http://imaginifbusiness.blogspot.com/2010/06/megans-run-on-norfolk.html

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how we often deny the explorer within and turn back. DO NOT look backwards Julie - move your gaze forward :) You know what I refer to.

    Keep writing and fulfil your dream. Go back and rewrite this one to send away somewhere (a challenge) - you can do so much better given more time to puff it all out. This one is but a skeleton that you can play with further and create some forward movement for yourself.

    ReplyDelete