30 June 2010

Little Girl


I learnt something new,
about my daughter today.

How brave and strong,
the little lass can be.

When confronted with
a problem,
that's not quite right.

Her shield of wisdom,
protects her in the fight.

I've seen my little girl,
with eyes full of tears.

When all her hopes and dreams,
shattered into fears.

I know times have been tough, my little girl.

You feel no one cares, about your weird world.

I'm proud of you, and who you have become.

Overwhelmed by emotions, as I watch this plucky one.

You are my hero, and you will be free.

The little girl, that dwells inside of me.

5 comments:

  1. I know this girl.... This poem is truly amazing. It goes right to the core.. Keep writing my friend. You are truly good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Di, Core is good. It is a complex little poem. Who is the little girl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Who is that little girl? I believe it is every little girl who has struggled to find themselves and can now be proud...There is that little girl in all of us. Love your work...

    ReplyDelete